Rank on Google is important as Google is the most used search engine, It crawls the web by determining which pages are the most useful and relevant for its users, virtually. We don’t just trust Google result, we rely on them – to make decisions for every aspect of our lives daily.
Why Top rank on Google is important?
Every business and website owner dreams to be number 1 on Google. Here are a few reasons why it is important:
- Higher Click-Through Rate: The first page of Google attracts and captures the majority of traffic, but the CTR declines from top to bottom of the page. Rank 1 on the page means having the highest click-through rate.
- Immediate Exposure: Earning the top spot on Google could lead to getting featured on the first page snippets that will grant you immediate exposure and increase your credibility.
- Traffic Share: The top result on Google captures 33% of search traffic. The closer to the top, the better your search presence, and brand authority.
Steps-how you can rank on Google
Improve On-Site SEO
On-page SEO or On-site SEO is the fastest way to improve your ranking on Google. It is because you can optimize your site in 2 minutes and within days you can start seeing a boost in ranking.
You should make sure that your keyword is towards the beginning of your title tag because Google emphasizes more on terms that show up early in your title tag. You should add your keyword 2-3 times on your page so that Google knows that your page is relevant for the particular search query.
Add LSI Keywords
LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing) Keywords are the words and phrases that are related to the topic of your page.
LSI keyword is an advanced on-page tactic.
For example: if someone search for keyword ‘filter coffee’, the LSI keywords that will also lead to the same search results are like – brew, water, machine, coffee, beans, brands, etc.
These LSI keywords confirms Google if your content is relevant or not to the search query.
Monitor your technical SEO
Technical SEO is not an issue most of the time, but still it is worth paying attention to.
Here are a few things that should be checked:
- You should make sure that your site is 100% optimized for mobile devices.
You should check on search console, if there is any trouble in indexing your site on Google you will get to know here.
Match Your Content to Search or Keyword Intent
Google pays attention to how people interact with your website.
Google does find out whether your site is a good fit for a specific keyword or not. If people get the information that they are looking for from your website, it will help in improving the rank of your site on Google search.
You should make sure that your page gives the exact information that the searcher is looking for.
Reduce bounce rate
If your page have a high bounce rate than the rank of your page can never improve it will decline only.
You can reduce the bounce rate on your page by providing the content that lines up with the search intent. If you provide the information for what searcher is looking they will never bounce from your page.
You can make your page attractive by adding designs, heading, images so that searchers bound to visit your page.
Publish high-quality content
The quality of your content is important.
The content that you are going to publish should be useful, trustworthy, easy-to-read, and informative because that will help in keeping your target audience on your page and coming back on your page.
If you want to rank one on Google, your site should provide exact information about the keywords that are searched that make viewers land on your page.
Backlinks play a vital role in achieving a high rank for your site.
Below are the few strategies that can be used to acquire links to your site:
- By adding your business to local online directories and review sites like Yelp, Google My Business.
- Guest posting on popular sites in your niche.
- You can get free mentions and links through HARO.
- Creating the content that could be liked by other bloggers and journalists so that they want to link to your site.
You can look for broken links of different sites and can request to replace it with the link of your website.
Track Your Results
Once your site is on page one of Google you should constantly track your site results through Google Analytics. So that if ever your site is not responding well you can improve at the same point so that it doesn’t have any negative effect on your ranking. Know more about google ranking.